He has been associated with various social, cultural, and sports organizations in East Godavari district. He has had an extremely illustrious career in consumer co-operatives. He was elected unanimously as Chairman of Kakinada Superbazaar for 14 straight years, from 1986 to 2000. He was the youngest and the first person from AP elected to the post of Director, South India for the National Co-operative Consumer Federation (NCCF), New Delhi. He represented NCCF on the General Body of National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI), which is the highest body of the Co-operative Movement in India.
He has been involved in social work through various non-profit organizations and has held several important posts with distinction. In Kakinada, he has high recognition and credibility and is known to handle any responsibility with complete commitment and integrity. He constructed several buildings as President of Buildings Construction Committee, in Kakinada. People believe that whatever work he takes up, he definitely completes it and with very less cost.
Even before joining LSP, he was well versed with electoral politics, having managed several successful election campaigns. He had a reputation of never facing defeat. He had wide exposure to the politics of East Godavari district and was well known among the political circles of the district.
His association with Dr. JP started when the latter came to East Godavari in 1988-89 as the District Collector. After his interaction with Dr. JP, his outlook towards politics changed. He gradually realized that current day politics was not sufficient to bring about a positive change. He was associated with Lok Satta Movement right from the beginning.
When Lok Satta Party was formed in 2006, he started as State Committee member and was in-charge of three districts. Since then, he handled party assignments in almost all the districts of AP. He is known for handling tasks assigned to him with complete commitment and integrity. He is well known for his organizational abilities, knowledge and experience of electoral politics, political assessment, and reading the pulse of the masses.
Since the 2009 general elections, he has been acting as the Vice President of the party, shouldering the responsibility of strengthening the party in rural areas.
Education: M.Com, DPM (PG Diploma in Personnel Management), DBM (PG Diploma in Business Management)
• Elected President of Kakinada Consumers Co-operative Central Stores Ltd. (Super Bazaar). From 12th January 1986 through 27th January 2000. Unanimous election each time.
• Represented South Zone as Director on the Board of NCCF of India Ltd., New Delhi between 1990-1993. First Telugu person elected for this post.
• Represented NCCF on the General Body of NCUI, New Delhi.
• Director of East Godavari District Co-operative Marketing Society for three terms.
• Member, Think Tank Committee, Department of Co-operation, Govt. of AP
• Presently, President of Cocanada Satsang Co-operative Stores Ltd.
• Presently, Director of E.G. District Co-operative Bank and E.G. District Co-op. Marketing Society. Elected Unanimously.
Achievements as Co-operator
• The sales turnover of Super Bazaar reached 5.5 crores from 1.5 crores per annum.
• Development of infrastructure worth 1 crore, which includes four commercial complexes. Already earned revenue of 2.5 crores in the form of rents.
• Established three modern self-service counters in Kakinada.
• Brought national and state-level reputation to Kakinada Super Bazaar.
• Recommended for KRIBHCO Best Co-operator award by Govt. of AP in 1999.
Construction as part of Social Work:
• Constructed a beautiful and big auditorium with Rs. 15 lac, in the capacity of President of Building Construction Committee of Satkala Vahini, a devotional music organisation.
• Constructed the first floor hostel block with Rs. 7 lac under Janmabhoomi programme, in the capacity of President of Building Construction Committee of A. S. Govt College for Women.
• Constructed the K.S.K.M.S Community Hall with Rs. 60 lac, for public purpose, in the capacity of President of Building Construction Committee.
• Supervised the construction of four buildings worth Rs. 55 lac, in the capacity of member of Govt. General Hospital Development Society, Kakinada.
• Constructed “Rotary Asraya” old age home building worth Rs. 16 lac, in the capacity of Project coordinator. The second phase of construction is now in progress.
• Constructed building worth Rs. 40 lac for MSI School for Physically Handicapped Girls.
• Presently, constructing a residential school building for “Greenfield Residential School for Blind Children” with an estimated cost of Rs. 65 lac.
• Presently, heading the construction committee of AP Olymic Bhavan and Sri Rama Samajam, Kakinada.
As President, Rotary Club Kakinada Golden Jubilee
• Best President Award for the year 1999-2000 in the Rotary District 3020.
• Established first Rotary Blood Bank in Kakinada and in Rotary District 3020.
• Organized Mega Cardiology Camp in Kakinada, supported by NIMS Hyderabad. Prof. Kakarla Subba Rao and 22 other doctors attended. Service to 1500 patients.
• Organized Mega Dental Camp at 10 places on one day with 22 dentists in Kakinada.
• Foundation stone laid for the construction of Rs. 25 lac Rotary Auditorium cum blood bank building.
• Best Assistant Governor for the year 2002-03
• Outstanding Rotarian for the year 2002-03
• Served as President of Rotary Asraya Old Age Home, 2004-06
• Served as President of Rotary Blood Bank for the year 2006-07
Awards and Commendations
• Best Community Service Award 1998, by Lions Club, Kakinada
• All Round Performance – merit certificate was presented by the District Collector on 26th January, 2000 (Republic Day)
• Appreciation certificate on 26th January, 2000 (Republic Day) by District Collector for the services as member, Govt. General Hospital Development Society.
• Awarded gold plated silver medal and certificate of merit by the Governor of AP for the services rendered to Red Cross Society for the year 2003-04.
• Certificate of Commendation by District Collector on 15th August, 2004 in recognition of services to the society.
• Certificate of Commendation by District Collector on 26th January, 2007 for the services as Chairman, Rotary Blood Bank.
• Facilitated by several voluntary, cultural and sports associations in recognition of social service.
• President, East Godavari District Olympic Association, 1993-2003 and presently Chairman
• Organized several National, South Zone, and inter District and District level tournaments.
• Led AP team as Secretary-cum-Treasurer in the 32nd National Games held in Hyderabad in 2002. Services were appreciated by the CM.
• Served as Co-convener for the Accommodation and Hospitality Committee of first Afro-Asian Games held at Hyderabad.
• Executive member, AP Olympic Association since 1996-2000
• Joint Secretary, AP Olympic Association, 2001-05
• Serving as Honorary President and patron for many sports associations in the district.
• President, E.G. District Chess Association, since 2004.
Arts and Culture
• Honorary President, Soujanya Arts Academy since 1987. Organised monthly cultural programmes. Conducted National Telugu Playlet competitions.
• Sangita Vidhwat Sabha
• Ravindra Bharathi Cultural Academy
• Vijayakrishna Charitable Trust
• Rotary Golden Jubilee Charitable Trust
• Rotary Asraya Old Age Home Trust
• East Godavari District & Cocanada Passengers Association
• Sidhardha Nagar Welfare Association, Kakinada
• Indian Red Cross Society, E.G. District branch, Kakinada
• East Godavari District Horticultural and Industrial Exhibition Society
• Rate Payers Association, Kakinada
• Kakinada Development Board
• Kakinada Consumers Association
• Ramakrishna Seva Samithi
• Maharshi Sambamurthi Institute of Social and Development Studies
• AIDS Awareness Group (AAG)
• Rotary Golden Jubilee Charitable Trust Urban Health Centre, Kakinada
Executive Committee Member
• Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee, Vijayawada
• Government General Hospital Development Society, Kakinada
• Mc. Laurin High School Development Committee
• Development Committee, A. S. Govt. College for Women, Kakinada
• Akshara School Managing Committee
• Amarendra Educational Society
• Board of Management, Jana Siksha Sansthan, for two terms
• Janmabhoomi Social Audit team
• Kakinada Railway Consultative Committee
• Kakinada Electricty Consultative & Advisory Committee
• Traffic Advisory Committee
• District Crisis Management Group
• East Godavari District Sports Authority
• Board of Management, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kakinada Kendra
• Swimming Pool Committee, Kakinada
• Chief promoter of Maithri Karthika Vana Bhojana Samavesam with citizens of all castes and religions, since 1992
Swarnotsav of Indian Independence
• Created the logo “United We Won – United We Build” for the Swarnotsav celebration of Indian Independence
• Conducted several programmes in Kakinada
• Constructed Swarnotsav Bhavan for Super Bazaar in 1997
• Served as a Senior Executive for 21 years in M/S SRMT Ltd. Kakinada
• Youth Hostel Association of India (former President, Kakinada branch)
• Kakinada Town Hall
• Bharat Vikas Parishad